Thursday, March 6, 2014

Death and Taxes

Based on a true story.
Well shit, I've been pushing it back and delaying, but it's finally caught up to me. Again.
 At the beginning of every year, every Japanese citizen is required to fill in their tax forms. It's a long, ruthless series of pages you get in the mail basically telling you to calculate your own god damn taxes and then send the result back to the ward office and pay. It's rather foreigner unfriendly.
 Technically, I'm a part-timer, see. So the job doesn't do my taxes for me. I gotta pay it outta my own pockets. I've known I've had to do them for the last month, but I kept procrastinating on this. It's just hell of tiresome. Nana's offered to help, but I finally resigned myself to going to the ward office on one of my days off and filling it up with the help of a designated helper.
 For better or for worst, though, the Chuo ward office has just decided to tally my taxes for me and send me the bill. I should consider myself lucky to be in one of the few wards that do that for its residents. But there goes 500 bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment