Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Silly Inventions 5: Turtle Launcher

#5: Turtle Launcher

As far as the toy industry goes, Japan's pretty innovative. The most mundane objects can be turned into delightful things. If even the idea of it is entertaining, then it's put on the market.
 So, why not a turtle that launches out of its shell, exposing a swimsuit-wearing body? It's not even a joke. Here's the Turtle Launcher, ladies and gentlemen.


Life-changing, I know. The name of this product is actually "Aitsu, Kame yamerutte yo." Which roughly translates to "this guy's giving up on being a turtle," but I think Turtle Launcher summarizes it about just as well. These toys come in six different varieties (different kinds of turtles and tortoises) and are sold for just around 2$ from gashapon machines. One of them even wears a bikini.
 Of course, upon discovering the existence of these wonderful creatures, I absolutely had to find one for myself, and sure as hell, they're being distributed just about anywhere you would expect to find gashapon toys. Wanna see it in action? Your balls aren't ready for this.

God damn it.
Okay, actually, I got a lot better at launching it after that. There's actually a trick to it. And while it won't fly into the sky like the promotional video, it can travel a meter or so and right into your cup of coffee. I know, right? You better get it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sean for my fucking awesome turtle! I shall cherish it forever!

    ReplyDelete