Sunday, August 12, 2012

Uncanny Signs 3

Let's see what I've gathered up since last time.  You can check those out by clicking here.

9:  Pee
Location: Shibuya
Category: ???

I'm a total loss when it comes to this one. This is deliberate, right? There's some amount of English on the sign itself. There's just no way the person responsible could have not known that "Pee" is urine. Who the hell wants to drink at a place called Pee?
Really? Seriously? Really?


10: Gosick
Location: Kabukicho, Shinjuku
Category: Engrish

It's a Gothic-themed host club. I'll elaborate about host clubs one day, but this is just an unfortunate mistake. In Japan, the word Gothic is pronounced "Gossiku." They kind of lost that one to the translation, and ended up with a bar called Gosick. There's a nice for everything, but I don't think anyone's willing to pay 10,000 yen to "Go Sick."


11: Don't Drop Your Loved Ones in Front of Trains

Location: Kita-Koshigaya Metro Station
Category: Unnecessary Signalization

It's arguable whether or not this is necessary or not, I think. But come to think of it, someone must have dropped grandma on the tracks like this. I just love the pictures with the DO and DON'T symbols. 
Maybe that would have sufficed on the poster. I can't read so well, but I can only assume that it says something the pictures already obviously show. It'd be nice if there was a caption saying something like DON'T YOU LOVE YOUR GRANDMA? or DON'T KILL YOUR GRANDMA.



12: dickbrick

Location: Koshigaya Laketown
Category: Unfortunate Accidents

Oh come on. Doesn't it look like dickbrick?
Lego dickbrick! This one makes me laugh every time. Bad choice of font, I guess.





13: Appetite

Location: Outside a sex shop in Kabukicho, Shinjuku
Category: Engrish

Oh boy. 
Over dramatic, for one, but these are also characters from a well known pre-schoolers' cartoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment