Monday, December 10, 2012

Interesting Tidbits: Seasonal Flavors

The four seasons are felt differently here than they are in Montreal, from where I hail. People co-ordinate the colors they wear more closely to the seasons, I fill, and so, too, do the flavors change in accordance.
 Although big names in junk food such as the Coca Cola Company and Nestle are, obviously, American, the Japanese market sees a greater variety due to the local branches trying to appeal to the seasonal inclinations of the populace.
Pictured are White Pepsi and Watermelon Pepsi, for Winter and Summer respectively.

Anecdotely, I was told about White Pepsi before coming to Japan, and I remember it kind of perplexing me. It must be awfully chemical, I thought, to have that color. But then again, if regular Pepsi were white and they released a seasonal black one, I'd have probably had the same thought in reverse. Interestingly enough, White Pepsi is clementine flavored.
 Kit-Kat bars also change with the seasons here, also being available in Strawberry and Green Tea varieties depending on the time of the year. The more you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment