Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Second Lap


Another year, another lap: this was the idea we had set in motion when Ken, Aala and myself (joined by Dario and Julian this time around) returned to the Yamanote Line. With this brave new line-up of aspiring train-line pilgrims, we set out to march in the opposite direction of last year's walk, starting from Ueno and going clockwise around the loop this time around. Having been a little tied up earlier in the morning, I joined my fellow soldiers from Tokyo station, actually, and, just as last year, the total trip took my companions and I 13 hours (minus two for me.) Which, all things considered, is pretty surprising, seeing as we didn't blunder and get lost half the number of times we did last year.
See you next year, Yamanote!
 PS: I'm late in posting this, as this all took place in April. I'm just sharing it now since the photos have been uploaded.
 Once again, all photo credit goes to Aala. You can read his much more complete take on this year's Yamanote Line walk on his blog right here. Or you can look at last years' walk here!

No comments:

Post a Comment