Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Great Disappointment

Really, I don't want to spend too much time on this story, but hell, I guess it's worth a mention. After careful planning, four of the Adventure Friends team I assembled and I boarded a bus to Matsumoto city, where we were bound for an abandoned school for North Koreans. For many amongst the them, it was supposed to be their first step into the crazy world of urban exploration.

Familiar faces and new - Erika, Agha, Millo and Christina are four of the Adventure Friends.
This "land for sale" sign was all that remained.
 But our lead turned out to be a dud. That's right - after a three hour bus ride to Matsumoto, we walked a half hour only to realize that the place had been demolished. What a letdown! Especially considering the round trip was 6100¥. Yikes. In my own defense though, the place had been abandoned and stood where it was since 1998. Satellite pictures on Google Maps still had it standing where it was. We must have missed it by a hair.
So the rest of that night, the Adventure Friends and I wandered around the city and ended up in a karaoke joint for a few hours until we boarded our bus back to Tokyo. It was fun, just not 6100¥ fun. Still, I have lots in mind for the group I created. They're all awesome people, so in time we'll head out again and have ourselves a real adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment