Sunday, July 5, 2015

Brief Note: July and August in the Works

This is it, friends! It all boils down to these final two months. Though it'll be rather difficult to do all the things I hope to do within the short amount of time I have left, I do have a few aces up my sleeve to end my odyssey to Japan in fashion. Here's what I have planned.

In July

 July 9th: Oiran-za
I've had to reschedule this a couple of times, but it's finally happening. A fabled stage show promising to have martial arts, traditional dance, flashing lights and swordplay.

 July 18th: Takigyo
A form of meditation made famous mostly in movies. A few Adventure Friends and I have volunteered to be taken in by monks for a day and shown how to meditate under a waterfall. No joke.

July, Undetermined: Ganguro
A cafe in Shibuya run by Ganguro girls. Ganguro is a dying, niche fashion trend that basically makes girls look like aliens. I'll be in some degree of discomfort, but I can't pass this up.


In August

 Early August, Undetermined: Kagoshima
 This one's a bit shaky, but if I can pull it off, I'll be making my way to the beautiful city of Kagoshima, a coastal city famous for being in close proximity to one of the most active volcanoes in the world.

 August 7th to 18th: Thailand
 
I'm making the best of my position in Asia to tour other Asian countries, and Thailand's been on my list for a while!

August 31st: Goodbye, Japan
 All good things have to come to an end!

Those are the major things I've more or less set my sights on, but there's sure to be things in between, big and small. Adventure, ahoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment