Monday, February 27, 2012

The Daily Grind

Since Mum asked, and I thought I'd share with the rest of you, too, this is what my daily routine consists of on a day when I'm working.

Jumping on Julian's bed while
taking pictures of him if he's half asleep.
7:15 - Wake up. Jump on Julian's bed a little bit, if he's already awake or half-awake.


7:45 - Leave for work. From home to work, it costs 700¥. That's roughly 8,50$. Yikes. Luckily, the company pays this as part of my salary. I have to transfer lines twice, and that sucks.


9:15 - Arrive at work. Go to the employee's lounge. Nap or study the ingredients for that day's class.


9:50 - Start work.


A picture of Ueno district, the area where
I currently live. Taken by Devin while he
was visiting Japan.
12:45-1:45 - Lunch time. I have a choice between McDonald's, Subway's, or a microwave meal from the corner store. Generally, I spend around 800¥ on lunch, or 9,75$.


6:10 - Finish work, head home. Sleep on train.


7:40 - Arrive home.


8:00 - Have dinner. I spend around 600¥ on dinner, or 7,25$. There's a number of decent food places around here, since I live right smack in the middle of downtown Ueno district. Sometimes I'll meet up and grab a bite with Ken, as he passes through the area after finishing work.


12:00 - I usually sleep at this time.


That's about it. Nothing too special, I think. My daily spending is around 40$, or 23$ if I don't include the transportation fee which is paid to me at the end of the month. Tokyo's kind of expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment