Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It's Like a Zoo in Here

The other day, after work, I went to a large pet shop just to see if there was much of a difference between the choices in pets and their prices. Turns out there is!

Look at that! It's an honest-to-God stingray! The sheer variety of animals a Canadian like myself would consider "exotic" was nothing short of fascinating, so I easily spent forty minutes to an hour just looking through the aisles. Like I said though, this place was big.


Now, prices were all ass-backwards, too. Things you would expect to be expensive (mostly the reptiles) were actually quite cheap. There was a basilisk lizard for sale for 80$ or so, which I do believe is a little cheaper than they would go for back home (though I may be wrong?)
However, get this; a cat would cut your wallet down at least 1000$. One. Thousand. Dollars. Dogs are even more ludicrous when it comes to pricing. I can think of a lot of things I would rather get with that kind of money.


Post-script; here was the strawberry on the shortcake. Axolotls are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment