Thursday, September 12, 2013

Tokyo 2020

My Facebook feed caught fire the other day when it was announced that Tokyo won the bid for the 2020 Olympic Games host city. Damn, I thought, I'll be 30 by then. But apparently people here are pretty serious about it and have been cheering up and down across the country.

 I've been having some fun with it at work, making babies do gymnastics and telling them it's to prepare for the Olympics.
 "Wow, nice forward roll! I'll see you in the 2020 Olympics!"
To which the mother says; "He'll only be 8 years old..."
And to which I reply, "I have such high hopes for your son."

Has anyone seen the Presentation Showreel yet? It's enough to even get me hyped for it. And I don't even follow the Olympics that much at all. Loving the thump-thump heartbeat thing. Congrats, Tokyo. Here it is for those who haven't.




No comments:

Post a Comment