Thursday, January 5, 2012

And So It Began

So as of today, I now work full-time at My Gym!
You know that feeling you get when you finish your first day at a new job and wonder how the hell you're gonna keep doing it for the new few months/years? That didn't happen.
Today was totally fun and I can see myself learning quickly and doing this for quite a while.

The Yokohama Gym is the smallest one.
What exactly is it I do? Well, for starters, I'm an English Fitness Teacher. Parents enroll their kids to the program if they want their children to develop English listening and speaking skills, as well as flexibility, strength and cardio. My Gym has courses for children from ages ranging from six weeks to thirteen years. The principle is simple; by the time they're done with the program, the kids should have at their disposal better than average balancing skills, flexibility, the ability to do basic gymnastics such as cartwheels and handstands, the ability to climb and fall without getting hurt, the ability to throw and catch properly, good reflexes, good cardio, and the list goes on. The setting is friendly and involves games and music and props. We're not training kids to become master gymnasts, but encouraging them to develop active living skills. We don't do crazy intense drills.
 That being said, I should be able to pay my living expenses really easily with this.
 However, this also means I'll probably be updating the blog a bit less often. Don't get the wrong idea, though. The adventuring doesn't end here. I've plenty to do, including a few bigger trips to Kyoto, Mt Fuji, and eventually Okinawa. Keep in touch!

1 comment: