Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Open Mic at Café Marché!

---Sweeeeeet Summer Sweat. It's Hotel California!
Yesterday evening I got an invitation from Ken to go to Toneri and check out an open mic event that was going on at a cafe he used to work at. I promptly accepted and joined him.
In all honesty, I wasn't sure what to expect- and it turned out to be totally great. Café Marché, the place in question, is a small business run by just about the nicest people you could meet on this side of the hemisphere, and I feel like I met a whole lot of memorable people.
Of course, I couldn't just sit by idly, so I gave it a shot and sang a few songs of my own, accompanied by a jazzy pianist.


Oh, snap, crackle and pop. There it is.


And it turns out Ken himself happens to play the violin.
 Shit, son. What a bad-ass. Being able to play the violin is only the coolest thing in the world, second maybe to summoning meteors. We later went out to another bar where I was introduced to a few friends of his, who I'd certainly like to have the pleasure of meeting again some day. Altogether, it was a good night (even though it snowed and the train ended up stopping and I got stuck in Toneri.)

PS: For those of you wondering, the songs I sang were Hotel California, Les Feuilles Mortes, and Never Gonna Give You Up. Aww, yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment