Sunday, November 20, 2011

Yoyogi Park & Harajuku



It was 23 degrees out today. You wouldn't think we're in late November. Damn, it's satisfying. I'll be happy if I can see a snow-less Winter this year.
 With the weather being so good, I decided to take a walk around Yoyogi Park, Harajuku. I didn't expect there to be so much going on.
 Every twenty meters or so were different crews of performers: acrobats, musicians, jugglers, you name it. The park was alive with sound and play. I particularly enjoyed the small circus crew in the center of the park. That's one of the acts, pictured to the left.





For those of you who don't know, Harajuku is also one of the fashion hotspots in Tokyo. A lot of girls casually waltz around in flamboyant costumes you wouldn't quite get the chance to see anywhere else. Designers shops line the streets. I dared not go inside without female companionship, though. On a Sunday afternoon like this one, it got quite busy.
 You know those rumors about guys being paid to pack people into the subway train like sardines? Yeah, those are all true. I'll make sure to avoid rush hour.


On a side note, two employees for Fuji TV passed by the Hotel today, asking for young North Americans. I agreed to go get interviewed tomorrow, so that should be interesting (especially considering they usually pay). I was also told that they would possibly be recruiting foreigners who are staying in Japan for long-term for some television show. Let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment