Sunday, December 18, 2011

Anticlimatic

This picture is unrelated.
As most of you know, I had an interview today.

 Ah, yeah. It kind of didn't happen. I got there 20 minutes early and looked around for 50 minutes. I couldn't find the office.
 But wait! It's not as bad as it sounds (and neither am I as dumb as I sound!) It was a group interview and I had the option of going either today, tomorrow, or next Tuesday. What bothers me more is that even after having looked around for 50 minutes, I couldn't find the place! I was given a map!


 "But durr hurr Sean, why didn't you just memorize the address," you say. Well that's because Tokyo has no functional address system. I kid you not. No one knows the addresses of anything, nor do they give addresses. I wasn't given an address. Just a map of the location. I was expecting some kind of sign or something.

 All in all, I spent an hour shaving myself clean and dressing up and all that jazz, took a 40 minute train across Tokyo for 5$, looked around for fifty minutes, gave up, sat myself down in a KFC, ate, and took the train back for another 5$. And I have to do it again tomorrow. What a drag.

On a side note, I'm supposed to get called within the week for details regarding a different interview for a different job. This one involves teaching fitness and arts and crafts to children between 2 and 12, for 19$ to 55$ an hour (kind of a wide gap, I know. I'm curious about that too.) More on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment