Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year at Roppongi


My December 31st had me lounging around at home with Mori for most of the daytime. I hooked up the PS3 to the common room's 3D television, and it was nice to just kick back and relax in the spacious sun-filled room. Julian was out working, picking up dog shit or whatever, so the day was pretty quiet and otherwise uneventful until he arrived home and we kicked off our New Year's Eve celebrating. Mori, who works at events throughout town, couldn't join us for the night.


You can see Tokyo Tower in the back!


We met up with two of Julian's friends, Kaz and Yasu, in Roppongi.
Most adult Japanese people tend to avoid this part of town. It's known for its concentration of foreign embassies, and therefore, of young gaijins who just want to go clubbing all night every night. The streets are bustling with girls who want to hook up with tall white guys. There's no shortage of those in Montreal (both the former and the latter,) so I can't say I'm too fond of Roppongi in general, but this is where things were mostly happening in Tokyo on New Year's Eve, so this is where we went.
You can see Tokyo Tower from here! It's a giant rip-off of the Eiffel Tower, serving as a broadcast antenna.



I think this was Yasu's default face for the night.

The cover fees to get into the bars and clubs on New Year's Eve was pretty ridiculous, ranging from 25$ to fuckin' 63$. We went into a bar that charged the cheaper end of those fees, called Motown House, and, to our dismay, it catered mostly to middle-aged south-east Asians, with only a few exceptions here and there. I can not blame Fumi for not coming when I tried to invite her. Well, you get what you pay for. It was fun none-the-less, and we had our countdown here.
Yasu parted with us shortly after, having drank a drop too much.





We then headed out to a karaoke place. Kaz and I tried inviting some girls to join us (Julian being too shy to try!) But we weren't tall or white enough, so that didn't work. Curse you, Roppongi. But we ended up going in anyway. The room was way too big for a group of three, but we had a nice view on Tokyo Tower, so hey, why the hell not.
Aaaaand that about sums up my New Year's!




Oh, and a special thanks to Marianne for contributing the banner up top! Geez, she was the only one. You would've thought I graduated from Economics instead of Illustration & Design. You guys are lazy bastards (but I still love you. Please don't flood the comment box or my facebook wall with excuses!)
Also, a "special" special thanks to Self (not myself,  but the guy named Self) for making me a banner featuring me being sodomized by Godzilla while Nicholas Cage watches. You need help, but I love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment